Saturday, September 05, 2015

Welcome to my neighborhood

Here are a few shots of my front yard. When I bought the house, I painted the front door black. There isn't much siding, but what siding I have needed painting. My niece Hillary and her new husband Tim painted it for me one day while they were in town for my parents' anniversary party! I'm so glad. I have so many things that I need to do to the house, and not enough energy to tackle them all without some help. The front of the house looks so much better now. They also helped me add some topsoil to my front yard (it had some sunken patches), and they helped me plant grass seed which has successfully sprouted!
I want my yard to look as good as the neighbor's across the street. See the bird perched atop my brick mailbox? Life is good in the neighborhood!

Healthwise, I have been really dragging in the two months since I finished radiation. I hear it takes time to bounce back, but I really didn't think it would be this bad. I'm hoping I can get up off the sofa more and enjoy every day of this life the Lord has given me.

No comments: