Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Guests at the anniversary party

In the previous post I told you all about the 60th wedding anniversary party for my parents, and in this post you'll get to see the guests who attended the party. It's a really long post, but worth it if it helps us remember the day and all the people who made it special!
Charles Dodson was my parents' pastor both in Carthage and Tyler, and as such, he knew several groups of people at the party. Here he says a few words about my parents and our family.
 Janette and Dale Pair, friends of my parents from Sunday School in Tyler
Visiting at this table are the Stantons from Pecos, my cousin Sherry from San Diego, my aunt Lynnell from Gary (in east Texas), my mom's first cousin Mana Bailey from Dallas, and Mana's cousin on her other side of the family.
My niece Hillary used to work at a bakery, so she knows how to cut a wedding cake into serving sizes. Hillary has been living in Montana, got married in Scotland this summer, and will be moving with her husband to Seattle in a few days.

See more photos by clicking below where it says: "Read more."



 Karen and Jerry McMath from Carthage
 Kim Dingler Doan from Midland and myself; we've known each other since 5th grade.
Keith Taylor, my mom, and Keith's wife Vivian; Keith and Vivian are friends from Pecos (also, I know Vivian from college).
 Charles Dodson, Billy and Myra Morris of Carthage
 The Morris' and Louise Ashby from Carthage
 Tomye and Andrew Maxey of Carthage
 Bill and Sue Price of Carthage
 Sue Price and Charles Dodson
My sister-in-law, Patti Wilson; my brother Curtis Wilson; my first cousin Sherry Cass of San Diego (She probably wins the prize for traveling the farthest for the party!)
My mom's sister, Aunt Lynnell; my mom's first cousin Mana Bailey; Mana's cousin; at the table in back, the young man standing up is my nephew Matthew, next to my sister-in-law Patti and brother Curtis of Camp Wood, Texas.
 My mom and dad, Mary and Wheeler Wilson, enjoy the cake and snacks.
The across-the-street neighbor of my parents, Zach Burgess and his two children, Bliss and Brixon.
 Yvonda Miller of Tyler; she is a friend from my parents' church.
Vince and Jerri Caldronia; Joe Wilson, Jr. -- Jerri and Joe are brother and sister, and they are the children of my dad's first cousin, Joe. When we were children, we would play together.
My first cousin once removed, Joe Wilson and my first cousin Richard Yeager. Richard's wife Eddie was unable to attend the party, but Richard and Eddie Marie will celebrate 50 years of marriage on September 4th.
Dana Beauchamp Molinar of Midland (we know her from growing up together in Pecos), James Wilson (my brother), and Mr. and Mrs. Dan Seal of Tyler. My dad often was a substitute teacher for Mr. Seal at Whitehouse High School.
Dana Beauchamp Molinar and Kim Dingler Doan of Midland. Both grew up in Pecos, and went to high school along with us kids. They both worked at the sulphur mine too. Kim and Dana are cousins.
Ken and Arianne McEachern of Bullard; Ken is the retired pastor of Beall Chapel Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Texas. Arianne retired from Southside Bank. They visited me in China on several occasions.
 The crowd mingles.
 Mr. and Mrs. Dan Seal
 Harold Richardson of Tyler -- he is the Sunday School teacher of my parents' class.
Lorice and John Trahan of Tyler; they are in my parents Sunday School class. We're so happy that many Sunday School friends turned out for the party! They are a great group of people.
Tim Reusch, the newest member of our family. He eloped and married my niece Hillary this summer in Scotland. After leaving Tyler, they headed towards Montana to get their belongings before moving to Seattle. He's a hydroponics guru.
LaVerne Pingel and Valerie Wilson. LaVerne is the mother of my sister-in-law Laura Wilson, and Valerie is the daughter of James and Laura. Valerie lives in Bozeman, Montana, and flew in for the party (and got her wisdom teeth pulled while she was here). She might tie with cousin Sherry for traveling the longest distance to come to the party.
Tim Reusch, my nephew Nathan Wilson, and Nathan's 90-year-old grandmother LaVerne Pingel. Nathan's other grandparents are my parents, Wheeler and Mary Wilson.
Janette and Rick Stanton, whom we know from Pecos. Rick worked with my dad at the sulphur mine.
Pat Jenkins and his wife Bea also attended the party. We also know them from Pecos. Pat worked at the sulphur mine with my dad, and his wife Bea was a high school teacher when we kids were going through school.
Martha Richardson (her husband Harold is pictured elsewhere in this blog post) is a dear friend of my mother. The Richardsons are from Tyler.
My first cousin Richard Yeager talks to some of our relatives, including Joe Wilson. They are related to each other on my dad's side of the family. Richard's mom, LaRea, was my dad's older sister.
James Wilson gives the microphone to Pat Jenkins, who shares special memories of my parents from the time we spent together living in Pecos.
Friends Tim and Kathy Wade live in Tyler now, but we first met them when we served together at Rosemont BC in Montrose, Colorado. I was in Colorado from 1990-95, but the Wades were there a little longer than I was. Tim is now a hospital chaplain in Tyler and Kathy is now a high school teacher in Bullard (after having taught in Tyler a couple of years recently). They attended HPU, as did I, but they were graduated right before I got there.
 Bea and Pat Jenkins -- we know them from Pecos.
My mom's first cousin Mana Bailey (right) and her cousin who we had not previously met, but were delighted to meet!
My aunt Lynnell from Gary (near Carthage). She is the younger sister of my mom and we are glad to live near enough to her to visit relatively often. 
 My dad, Wheeler Wilson, says a few words to the guests.
 Here he is again!
My dad Wheeler Wilson, Lauren Burgess, Zach Burgess and their two cute children Bliss and Brixon. They were going to two birthday parties the same day as our party, so we were so thrilled they were able to come visit us for awhile before they had to go elsewhere! They live across the street from my parents.
 Laura and James Wilson, Pat and Bea Jenkins
My dad visits with his Sunday School class friend, James Lambert.

Blaine and Lola Johnson, Gene Miller, and probably others (some of whom unfortunately forgot to sign the guest book) -- I am so sorry I didn't get photos of you at the party! How did that happen? We're so glad all of you were able to come and share in the celebration of the greatest couple I know, my mom and dad. For whatever reasons, so few children get to see their parents celebrate 60 years of marriage. I am thankful to be a part of something very special. Thank you God for letting us get to this place in our lives.

No comments: