Tuesday, August 11, 2015

60th Anniversary Party for my parents


My parents celebrated 60 years of marriage as of July 1, 2015. We, their children, had been planning -- for a long time -- to have an anniversary party for them to commemorate this hard-to-reach milestone. But when I became ill, we had to reschedule the party around my radiation treatment. We had the party on August 1st. We tried to invite everyone, but the invitation process was also a casualty of my radiation treatment. (Sorry if you didn't get an invitation and wanted one. We did not mean to exclude anyone.)
My parents, Wheeler and Mary Wilson, cut their 60th wedding anniversary cake. Given a choice, they went with chocolate for the cake.
 Here's the welcome table where guests signed a guest book and got name tags. 
Snacks included crackers, veggies, dips, nuts, mints, orange coconut balls, creme puffs, quiche, punch, etc.
 My sister-in-law Laura made a beautiful fruit punch.
 Here's a closer view of the cake. I just loved the way the cake looked! 
The table centerpieces had flowers, glass lanterns with candles, and photos of my parents' wedding back in 1955.
 Here's a bird's eye view of the centerpiece (at my house, not at the party).
 Guests go through the serving line to get snacks.
 One more view of the cake, because apparently I am obsessed with it.
Flowers on the cake table.

Photos of guests and festivities will be on another blog post coming up next! (It appears before this blog post.)


No comments: