Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thirty-seven years later

During the last week of February, I was in the hospital due to a severe infection. I posted something on Facebook with the initials of the hospital where I was staying. Next thing you know, I hear a knock on the hospital room door, and in walks the pretty lady above. I didn't know she was coming and she doesn't live near me. Yet, without a moment of hesitation, I gasped and said, "Jana!"

I last saw her in 1978, when I graduated from high school and she was probably 16 or 17 years old. I immediately recognized her. And she is just as sweet as she ever was, with the love of Christ oozing from her as it always had.

Jana, along with a few other of her classmates (most specifically Angie and Dalene), have helped me tremendously, jumping in to raise funds for my expenses, to contact the American Cancer Society on my behalf, and seek housing for me during medical travels. 

It is no accident as to whom God puts in your life. Who would ever guess that after 37 years of having no contact whatsoever, Jana (pictured here with her husband who I met that day), God would bless me with her presence once again?

Many of those reading this blog have the same kind of heart as Jana, and it is no accident that you are in my life either.

No comments: