Friday, August 08, 2014

Talented beasts

I bought some bananas and sugar cane to feed the elephants. I tore off one banana and fed one elephant. I tore off another banana and fed another elephant. Apparently that's not how they like to do things. One elephant stole the remaining bananas out of my hand and ate the whole bunch in one gulp. Another elephant stole the entire set of sugar cane and ate it in one gulp. Their trainer said he'd take my photo, but then he wanted some tip money for doing so. The elephants took the tip money out of my hand too. Then the trainer told the elephants to give me a hug.
Is he poking his tusk in my ear? I actually can't move here, they've got me pinned to the post. The one on my left put his wet snout on my left cheek and (yuck) elephant kissed me. I screamed like mad, as did other people, including grown men, when it happened to them. The elephants apparently thought it was funny.
 I see you!
Elephants can play soccer. He kicked the ball into a soccer goal. Another elephant shoots basketballs. Some can play the harmonica. They can dance and swing their trunks in wild circles like you'd swing a lasso.
Four of the elephants painted while we watched. This elephant painted a picture of an elephant. The trainers put the paint on the paintbrushes, and put the paintbrushes in the elephants' trunks, but the elephants did everything else themselves.
This elephant painted a landscape scene with flowers. The final product was beautiful, much better than what I can do. I left feeling a bit defeated knowing that elephants are better painters than I am.

No comments: