Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A bump in the road

I pretty much never touch my neck, so it was odd that I did so on the evening of Sunday, August 17. A lump was on the right side. Not knowing if that was normal, I checked the left side. Nothing. Lack of symmetry, hmmm, that's a bit suspicious.

The neck ultrasound the following day showed 6-7 swollen lymph nodes on the right side, one on the left. I could only feel one, but others lurk deep below.

Might be nothing, might be an infection, and might be something really bad. If the lumps don't disappear in about a week, I have to leave the country to get a biopsy; an American doctor living in Asia is advisor for my case. In the 10 days since I first noticed it, the knot hasn't gone down in size.

Well, whether I have an infection or worse, my prayer is that it will go away and become normal again so I can carry on doing important things. I would love for prayerful believing friends to join me in praying for this latest dart from the enemy to go far away from me. Thank you.

Ephesians 6:12 
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

No comments: