Sunday, March 23, 2014

Luella

When I first moved to Bamboo Forest, I went to the vet and asked him if he knew of someone who could dog sit when I was out of town. He said no, but if he thought of someone he would let me know. A few weeks later,  I got a call from Luella, and it was the start of a something good. She's more than just a dog sitter. She comes to my house once a week, and the first order of business upon arrival is for Mimi to receive a doggy massage. Mimi demands a extended one from her beloved substitute master.
Mimi lovingly looks into Luella's eyes during the massage. And, um, yes, I do realize that rawhide bone in Mimi's mouth was intended for a dog the size of a golden retriever. But it looks hilarious in Mimi's mouth, so it was worth whatever I paid for it just for that.

Luella, a recent widow, misses her husband terribly and is often on the verge of tears when we talk. She looks like she weighs 70 pounds. I think if she misses a meal she might not make it. Those of you who are pray-ers, please say a prayer for my friend Luella. I think she's scared to face her uncertain future.

No comments: