Saturday, March 22, 2014

Little things

Some friends of mine have an adorable 4-year-old daughter who speaks great English. When they were over at my place recently, she wanted to play hide-n-go seek. She's not very good at it, but I pretended that she was hard to find. I kind of feel sorry for kids in China. With the one-child policy, most of them don't have anyone to play with except adults. That means they are really pathetic at playing games.
 She fits into amazingly small spaces. She's tiny.
She displaced my water bottles that were previously residing in the box where she decided she was meant to reside.
 Some game was going on in her mind. Not sure what kind of game, but she was happy.
My house is not child-proof. I spent the whole time she was here picking up stuff and putting it out of her reach … things like Mimi's water bowl and Mimi's dry dog food (the little girl decided to mix them together).
Mimi did not find this 4-year-old intruder to be adorable at all. Oh contrare, Mimi thought the girl came to steal her food; she failed to hide her irate feelings over this. So Mimi had to go to jail while the girl was here, and by jail I mean inside the kitchen where she could see out the sliding glass doors. Poor Mimi. 

No comments: